Introducing: The Roundup!
Today on the blog, we are launching a new monthly feature called The Roundup. Each month, we will feature a list of books, essays, podcasts, recipes, or whatever else we can find we want to share.
Without further ado, welcome to The Roundup!
1. Zen Out - Since most of us are currently cooped up in our homes, we’re getting creative on how to stay busy, fit, and perhaps most importantly, sane. That’s why for this first edition of The Roundup, we’re featuring something that does all three! Enter the “Strong and Calm Together” yoga challenge, a free 7-class yoga program that focuses directly on this stressful time. Each class has a theme such as immune booster, strength and calm, and retreat for the soul. Each video is broken into manageable chunks, about 20 minutes each, and features a warm-up, flow, and guided meditation.
If that sounds good to you, click here, enter your name and email, and get ready to flow!
2. Cook - This mac and cheese recipe… because a little comfort food doesn’t hurt right now. Here at Lostine (we consider ourselves mac and cheese experts as well as furniture experts), our team is all about it!
Courtesy of Food Network
3. Read - The Minimalists archive of free essays all about living with more intention in every area of your life: finances, home decor, clothing, friendships, everything!
4. Follow - @jamiebeck.co, New York native photographer Jamie Beck lives with her husband and baby Eloise in Provence, France. Since the hit of COVID-19, Jamie has started a new art series, #IsolationCreation, where she stages and takes a photograph for every day she and her family are quarantined. Each photograph has a painterly quality and an eye for elegance that is unlike anything out there on Instagram. All her #IsolationCreation photographs are for sale for just $50 a poster here!
Courtesy of @annestreetstudio
6. Give Back - Help give food and medical supplies to these organizations during the COVID-19 crisis.
7. Listen - to our epic 9+ hour work from home playlist on Spotify!
8. For the Locals - We've all had takeout food, but what about takeout games? Chef Marcie Turney and Valerie Safran, the owners of Safran Turney Hospitality, have been operating some of the best restaurants in Philadelphia since 2002. To help us cope with quarantine, they are offering robust takeout menus from their six restaurants along with meal kits so you can cook your favorite entrees from home. Other than being wildly successful restaurateurs, they also own the local gift shop called Open House. If you order food from one of their restaurants, Bud and Marilyn's (which, yes, you absolutely should), you can grab a board game or puzzle from Open House to go along with it! Place your orders here.